Terms and Conditions
Accepting Terms and Conditions
By using the website, services, mobile applications, product or content provided by Our Tomorrow (“Service”), a service provided jointly by several campaign providers identified on the See Our Partners section of this website (“Partners”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). If you don’t agree to these Terms, you may not register or use Our Tomorrow.
We may modify these Terms at any time
We’ll try not to, but just know that we can change these Terms at any time. If the changes are material, we’ll let you know by email or posting a notice on the site before the changes go into effect. The notice will designate a reasonable amount of time (the “Notice Period”) after which the new terms will go into effect for all users. If you don’t agree to the new terms, please delete your account within the Notice Period. If you do not delete your account within the Notice Period, your content and use of the site will be subject to the new terms going forward.
We may modify our Services at any time
We do our best to provide you a reliable and evolving service, but we may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice.
The thing you’re probably here for: You will always own the rights to the content you post on Our Tomorrow. However, you give us permission to use your content to provide Our Tomorrow Services, including, without limitation, storing, displaying, reproducing, and distributing your content. This may include promoting your content with partner companies or services for broader broadcast, distribution, or publication. We promise to never sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission.
We have the right (though no obligation) to refuse or remove any content you post or transfer to Our Tomorrow Services for any reason. Particularly if that content is found to be either harassing or explicit in nature. You are free to request deletion of your content from Our Tomorrow at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you delete your content, please know that it is permanently irretrievable, even by administrators.
You are responsible for the content you submit to Our Tomorrow and assume all risks associated with it, including its accuracy, or claims relating to intellectual property or other legal rights. By posting, you represent that you own or have the necessary rights to post the content on Our Tomorrow, and that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other licenses you’ve granted.
Your Right to Privacy
When you use Our Tomorrow Services, you consent to the collection and use of certain personal demographic information (i.e., your race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.). This information will never be associated with your name or email address. It will never be displayed publicly, and will only be used for internal campaign purposes. We will never sell your personal demographic information or share it with advertisers.
You may also consent (but are not required to) to the collection and use of certain personal contact information, including your name and email address. By choosing to share this information, we may use it to identify your content publicly on the Our Tomorrow website, to send you notifications about the service and to respond to customer support requests. We will never share your personal contact information with advertisers or send you promotions for unrelated services.
We may be required to disclose your personal contact information in order to:
- comply with the law or legal process;
- protect or defend our rights or property, or the rights or property of others;
- enforce these terms; or
- respond to claims that the content of any material on our system violates the rights of others.
If we must disclose your personal contact information in order to comply with the law or legal process, we will inform you (at the email address you provide) as soon as we are able to, provided that it is lawful for us to do so.
You learn from us, we learn from you
We may aggregate user information and perform statistical analyses of the collective behavior of our members and visitors, to measure overall demographics, and to analyze how to improve our service. This includes the use of session or login cookies, login timestamps, usage statistics and IP addresses. We may share this information with third parties (such as Google Analytics), but such aggregate information does not contain personal information other than IP addresses. In addition, we may compile and disclose aggregate information about our users for promotional or other purposes.
We take security very seriously, and are always on the lookout for opportunities to make our service better.
Third-party account use for sign-ins
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Tomorrow contains links to other websites that we, or other users of our site, think may be of interest to you. We have no control over these other sites and our links to them do not constitute our endorsement of these websites or their content. You should be aware when you leave Our Tomorrow that other sites are governed by their own user agreements and privacy policies, which you should be sure to read. You agree that any visits to linked sites are at your own risk and are governed by their terms and policies.
We hate to be exclusive here, but if you’re under 13, we’re afraid this community isn’t for you. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will automatically remove any content for users under 13. If you believe that we have collected the personal information of a person under 13 years of age, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Community Guidelines
Our Tomorrow sets Community Guidelines, which govern how we expect our users to behave while using the service. You agree to abide by the Community Guidelines, and you also agree that Our Tomorrow staff may terminate delete your content if it is found to be in violation of them. The Community Guidelines can be found [here].
Copyright Complaints; DMCA Compliance
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and request that Site users do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed under copyright law, please follow the instructions below for notifying our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) designated agent.
To file a notice of infringing material found on our Site, please provide a notification containing the following details:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material on our Site that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, an email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed; and
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
Please send this notice to:
By Mail: DMCA Agent: Steve Pierce, c/o Hattaway Communications, Inc., 1717 Rhode Island Avenue NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20036 USA
By Fax: Attn: Steve Pierce, DMCA Agent +1-202-521-1354
By Email: email@example.com
Note to Users Outside of the United States
The Required Legalese
1. YOU USE THE OUR TOMORROW SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
2. OUR TOMORROW MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO OUR TOMORROW SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ABSOLUTELY SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR (IV) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
3. YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT OUR TOMORROW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF OUR TOMORROW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (V) OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE OUR TOMORROW SERVICES.
We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about this policy. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Our Tomorrow Community Guidelines
Our Tomorrow is a campaign to engage LGBTQ people across the country in a conversation to shape the future of a bigger, bolder movement that leaves no one behind. We want you to feel free to share your hopes, fears and ideas for the future here. We want you to contribute to the conversation in a way that is positive and respectful of the views and feelings of others. And we hope that when you visit Our Tomorrow, you’ll know we are working really hard to create a place of open, respectful and inclusive conversation for you.
We know you will use Our Tomorrow to share your own hopes, fears and ideas and encourage others to do the same. To help make that possible for everyone, all users are required to follow our community guidelines.
Share and be shared.
Our Tomorrow is about sharing your feelings and ideas about the future and, collectively, building a better tomorrow for all of us. If you’re posting or sharing content on Our Tomorrow, we assume it’s because you have the right to do so. Do not use someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked work as your own and always give credit where it’s due. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as laid out in our Terms of Service.
Our Tomorrow welcomes everyone regardless of gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or creed. We have a zero tolerance policy for harassment, bullying and hate speech. Content that is flagged by users or identified by administrators as being harassing will be immediately removed and investigated. We also reserve the right to take additional action, which may include reporting content or individuals to the authorities.
Keep it clean.
We want you to be able to express yourself, but Our Tomorrow needs to remain a safe space for people of all ages, backgrounds and tastes. As such, suggestive nudity or other inappropriate images will not be tolerated on Our Tomorrow. Images or content flagged as being inappropriate by users or by the administrator will be immediately removed and reviewed. Users found to be posting suggestive content will be warned, and if found to be in violation will be subsequently removed from Our Tomorrow.
Don’t be a spammer.
We know many of you are affiliated with great groups or organizations that are working really hard to create a better future for LGBTQ people, but let’s keep brand and self promotion to a respectful minimum. Please don’t use Our Tomorrow to sell products, solicit donations or post links to outside organizations. Content flagged as being inappropriate by users or by the administrator will be temporarily removed and reviewed.
Be 13 (or older).
We hate to be exclusive here, but if you’re under 13, we’re afraid this community isn’t for you. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will automatically remove content posted by users under 13.
Things might change.
We’ll try not to, but we do reserve the right to change these rules at anytime, without notice. While you’re here check out our Terms of Service above.
Questions or feedback? Email us at email@example.com.